Khadijah graduated from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland, with an M. Chem. in 2019. During her studies, she carried out a yearlong internship working with adhesives and additives for the Swiss company Sika Technology in Zürich, Switzerland. She carried out her thesis under the supervision of Prof. Eva Hevia, working on the synthesis of novel organometallic species with emphasis on the influence of the binding ligand. In 2020, she moved to Wuppertal to join the Gómez-Suárez group as a PhD student. Her current research focuses on the synthesis and derivatisation of amino acids using radical chemistry.
6. Modular Synthesis of Congested b2,2-Amino Acids via the Merger of Photocatalysis and Oxidative Functionalisations; K. Anwar, L. Capaldo, T. Wan, T. Noël, A. Gómez-Suárez* ChemRxiv 2023 (DOI:10.26434/chemrxiv-2023-dbc9d)
5. Modular Synthesis of Polar Spirocyclic Scaffolds Enalbled by Radical Chemistry; K. Anwar, F. J. Aguilar Troyano,† A. H. Abazid,† O. El Yarroudi, I. Funes-Ardoiz, A. Gómez-Suárez* Org. Lett. 2023, 25, 3216–3221 (†These authors contributed equally)
4. Deoxygenative, Intramolecular Minisci-Type Reaction to Access Fused Heterocyclic Scaffolds; F. J. Aguilar Troyano,† K. Anwar,† F. Mohr, G. Robert, A. Gómez-Suárez* Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2022, 26, e202201176 (†These authors contributed equally)
3. Radical deoxyfunctionalisation strategies; K. Anwar,† K. Merkens,† F. J. Aguilar Troyano,† A. Gómez-Suárez* Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2022, 26, e202200330 (†These authors contributed equally)
2. Synthesis of γ-Oxo-α-amino Acids via Radical Acylation with Carboxylic Acids K. Merkens,† F.J. Aguilar Troyano,† K. Anwar, A. Gómez-Suárez* J. Org. Chem. 2021, 12, 8448–8456 (†These authors contributed equally)
1. Radica-Based Synthesis and Modification of Amino Acids F.J. Aguilar Troyano†, K. Merkens†, K. Anwar, A. Gómez-Suárez* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 1098-1115. (†These authors contributed equally)